Monday, May 9, 2011

The Great Pay Divide (for Women in Public Relations)


When International Women’s Day rolled around in March, I contemplated the topic of why men make more money doing the same job as women. In the PR industry. Was this the truth, or had I succumbed to a perpetual myth? Or was I dredging up ghosts a la The Feminine Mystique? Undeniably, some discrimination within the greater marcomm industry still exists, but is it pervasive enough these days to warrant such a generalization? From my own experience, as employee and employer, I couldn't see the pay inequality.

So I created an informal survey for women and men in the communications industry that aims to establish whether pay inequality really does exist.

Here is a link to the survey if you would like to take part.

Your responses will be treated confidentially, unless you would you like to comment openly, in which case I can include your comments in my findings - with your permission, of course! And if you have any questions or would like to contribute information beyond the questions in the survey, please drop me a line at vanessa@thinkinkpr.com.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to complete this survey.

http://survey.constantcontact.com/survey/a07e3u6ar0fgngi6sjy/start

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?